Why is this important in Cleveden Secondary?
Why is creating a GSA important?
- LGBT Youth Scotland research found that:
- 69% of LGBT young people have experienced homophobic or biphobic bullying in school
- 77% of transgender respondents experienced homophobic, biphobic or transphobic bullying.
- If you want to join the GSA:
- You do not need to declare or define your sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
- You can bring forward any ideas about discussions, activities and events.
- Everyone is welcome.
- We will create our own mission statement for what we want to achieve in Cleveden Secondary.
- We will discuss any issues pupils may be facing in school and think of ways to resolve them.
- We will promote inclusion in the school through creating posters, wall displays and events.
- We will also have some social times where we will relax, chat and play games.
- The GSA is on every Monday lunchtime in room 022.
If you need any advice or support you can go to the LGBT Scotland website